Insurance underwriter salary in the UK – An insurance underwriter working in the United Kingdom earns $59,423 per year on average. The range varies from $42k to $86k per year.
What is an insurance underwriter?
Insurance underwriters screen insurance applicants.
They determine whether or not a prospective client should be insured.
Insurance underwriters use computer programs to help analyze clients’ risk profile and calculate costs.
What does an insurance underwriter do?
- Analyze applicant data.
- Evaluate the risk of applicants.
- Operate the subscription software.
- Screen applicants if necessary.
Also Read:- Glasses Insurance UK
How to be an insurance subscriber?
- Math skills: An understanding of probability & statistics.
- Computer skills: Much of the statistical analysis is done with industry-specific software.
- Analytical Thinking: Although some decisions are easy, most of the situations require insurance underwriters to weigh multiple factors related to a particular applicant.
- Detail orientation: Every applicant is different and each piece of information can influence applications in different ways.
Insurance underwriter salary in the United States by years of experience
|Experience Level||Annual Salary|
|Over 20 years||$70,490|
|Less than 1 Year||$49,548|
Also Read:- Civil Liability Insurance In United Kingdom
Frequently asked questions about the salary of an Insurance Underwriter in the UK
The highest salaries for an insurance underwriter in the US can be as high as $86k per year according to Payscale.
The average salary of an insurance advisor 2022 in Bristol is 63,315 ARS per month, while the salary varies from 42 thousand to 134 thousand ARS per month.
The average salary of an insurance agent in UK is €1,542 per month, while the salary varies from €1,292 to €1,811 per month.
According to figures published by talent.com, the average salary of an insurance salesperson in Birmingham is $900,000 per month, while the salary varies from $600,000 to $2,800,000 per month.